Geospatial Information Specialist
JAP is always looking for talented people to become its team members. We realize that productive people are always a good addition to our organization. So if you have the right Geographic Information Systems acumen and the passion to work with some of the biggest organizations in the East Africa, join in!
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision the DOP, the Geospatial Information Specialist will:
- Perform and document methods, processes, and quality assurances of programmed outputs.
- Perform any other related tasks as may be required.
- Develop reports, dashboards, or other tools to effectively summarize findings and convey information to management.
- Create online databases, dynamic web maps, and visualization dashboards
- Develop and implement geospatial databases, geospatial data collection systems, geospatial data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Manage, analyze, and visualize environmental data to enhance more informed decision-making on the state of the environment using geospatial (GIS) technologies.
- Identify appropriate geospatial data sources (including open data and big data) for analytics projects.
- Master degree or equivalent in geoinformatics (geomatics), geospatial information, earth sciences, remote sensing or another related geoscience field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.;
- 3 years of experience in geospatial information management, applied spatial analytics, earth observations, mapping, applications development. data visualization or related area is required.
- Proven experience in utilizing geospatial software (database management, spatial analysis, mapping, web services development, or programming languages) is required.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;